Friday, October 2, 2015

Candy Corn Cake


Did someone say cake? And Candy Corn cake at that? 

This was a fun recipe to do. 

1. I mixed together one white cake mix from a box according to the box instructions.
2. I cut the mixture into thirds, using about a cup and a half for each bowl, so that I could have one bowl be regular, one bowl be orange (with food coloring mixed in) and the third bowl be yellow after food coloring blended. 
3. After mixing the yellow batter, I placed it in the bottom of a baking dish 9/13, and sprayed with cooking spray, and placed that in the freezer for 20 minutes. Once that came out, I added the orange on top and placed in the freezer for another 20 minutes. Then I pre-heated the oven and placed the final white layer on top and baked in the oven according to the cake mix box instructions. 
4. While the cake was baking I made the whipping topping using 2 cups heavy whipping cream (I always use heavy because it mixes faster) in a metal bowl that was placed in the freezer for 10 minutes, and mixing in 2 to 3 tablespoons of sugar to the heavy whipping cream (depending on how sweet you want it), then I mixed it with a hand mixer until soft peaks formed. 
5. Once the cake came out of the oven and was cooled, I spread the whipped topping over the top of the cake. Then I cut the cake slices into triangles for the "full effect" of making it look like a candy corn. The kids thought it was a hoot! 

No comments:

Post a Comment