Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Meatballs and Gravy Over Rice


You wont believe how easy and delicious this is! We actually used store bought freezer meatballs, but you could make your own as well! We baked them according to the package directions. While they were baking, I cooked the rice and made the gravy. The gravy was made by melting 1/2 stick of butter in a skillet. Then I added salt, pepper and garlic to taste. Then I added 4 tablespoons of flour, and stirred the mixture until thickened, but not browned. Then I added 2 and 1/2 cups of beef broth, one cup at a time, stirring frequently. Then I allowed it to bubble and thicken on medium heat for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Once everything was ready, I poured the meatballs and gravy mixture over the rice! So easy! You could also use mashed potatoes in place of the rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment