Monday, April 5, 2021

NYC Trip for Spring Break and 40th Birthday! 2021--Evening One

 





Walking off dinner in Times Square. Trash on the street is a normal thing to see here in NYC. Nothing has changed! 










Hudson in heaven. He has such a grateful heart. He kept telling us thank you for the trip. 



Delicious crab cake appetizer



Our arrival to our restaurant at the Mermaid Inn was quite an experience. First of all, I had pre-gamed pretty hard at the air bnb before hand. Once we GOT to the restaurant, I walked up to tell the host we were there. On my way in, I saw a woman dining with a man. As I passed them I thought they looked awfully familiar. I thought in my head...I think that's Hoda Kotb and her boyfriend Joe. I told the host we had reservations and they checked us in. On the way BACK outside, the woman and man got up and I realized it really WAS HODA. OMG. What an incredible start to this trip. Everything was going perfectly and I was THRILLED that Hoda had eaten at the SAME restaurant that WE had reservations at. The host came and sat us at our table. I was overjoyed. It was an incredible environment out there. Perfect weather, wonderful string lights, a Manhattan vibe. At the end of the meal I was so buzzed that I tried to give a homeless man my food from the table. He said, "I can't take the plate." LOLZ



Jackson on the subway for the first time. 



We saw so many sunsets (and were blessed with perfect weather the entire trip). This sunset on the ferry on the way over to the city was the first of many! It was an amazing beginning to the adventures and wonderful experiences to come. 



Hudson started having fun from the minute we got there. 






Jackson's first ever ferry ride. He seemed to love it! 




This was on the pier area in a park where there were awesome sidewalks (yes I ran them twice)...and this was the evening that we took my birthday pictures and were walking down to the ferry to go into Manhattan to eat dinner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment